Best Practice Guide
• Take full responsibility for your current position in life, your job, your relationships, your home etc etc are simply a result of past thoughts and decisions and you will now being to create new futures based on new thinking
• Accept whatever happens each and every day as part of the journey, if things don’t go well look at what you can learn from it or what future opportunity lies underneath what has happened
• Commit to not having to defend your point of view, you know that it isn’t right or wrong it is just your perspective and others will disagree which is just fine, give up the need to be right and learn to go with the flow
Take positive action
• Wherever and whenever you experience a negative emotion make sure you deal with it when it is small to prevent any build up and problems in the future, action can take the form of…
Committing to express how you feel and have that potentially awkward conversation
Change your perspective of what happened, remember there is no meaning in life other than the meaning you give to things, NB if this does not work return to point one and take action!
Ask yourself what is it I need to learn from this event the learning of which will allow me to let go of the negative emotion
Learn to control your state
• Learn how to manage anxiety and stress through breathing, body language and expanded awareness to allow you to carry out the things which previously you have been putting off, the difficult conversation, the performance management issue at work etc, remember without your feedback they can’t improve, see it as your duty in helping them and yourself.
• Make sure you get as comfortable as you can in the situations above, the more comfortable you are the more they will be and each time you enter a situation as above the next becomes easier…
Remain Goal focused
• Keep your goal visible and make sure you read it at-least once a day
• For best results go through the process for 15 minutes of going through in your life (eyes closed) what you are grateful for, what you want to happen in all areas of life (get a sense of it) and what you want to happen this week and today…
• Design tasks and challenges which will prove to yourself that you have moved forward, something that previously you wouldn’t have felt capable of achieving and commit to doing just that!
• Remain detached from any specific outcome or part of the goal i.e be completely flexible in how you are going to get there, remember the purpose of a goal is movement not it’s achievement and the purpose of achieving the goal is to feel good so if you get frustrated by any outcome, check yourself and make sure you let go of any attachment to any outcome…
• To achieve this learn to revel in and enjoy uncertainty, it is your friend, the more uncertain things are the more opportunity you have to find new ways of achieving what you want…
Invest in yourself and use Net time
• Use net time to your advantage, the time in the car last thing at night and in the morning and any time that isn’t being used productively in either your business or leisure pursuits. Listen to coaching CD’s purchase self-development books and see this as the start of your self development journey…
• Commit to doing something for your own self development, i.e learn something new, each year!
ABOVE ALL COMMIT TO ALWAYS LETTING FO OF ANY NEGATIVE EMOTION AS IT CROPS US DAILY AND REMEMBER THAT GUILT, RESENTMENT, FRUSTRATION AND THE MAJORITY OF NEGATIVE EMOTIONS ARE ACTION SIGNALS FOR US TO EITYHER CHANGE OUR PERCEPTION OF TAKE ACTION.
Commit to doing that and you will be on the path to an easier more productive life both professionally and personally